Watch me disappear! :)

Weight Loss Center - Your Online Diet Support Group

Friday 5 September 2008

not quite recap no 2....

... I will post that soon. Have still got a horrible cold and a pretty terrible cough which I'm sure must be making people in the office consider putting me in quarantine! I haven't really done much this week except work and sleep. Did manage to squeeze out one project for ScrapbookMate....



thats just a sneak as it might go up on the Daily Inspiration blog in the next few days. If it doesn't I will post the whole thing at a later date.

and also... I was tagged a while ago, so here goes...

My 5 Most Influential Authors/ Reads....

1. S Michael Wilcox - for his Article the True Spirit of Christmas.
I must have been in in my early teens when I first came across this article, but for me, since reading it Christmas has never been the same.

2. John Byetheway. - Maybe a little predictable, and again one from my teens. His books just made me think about things which otherwise may have passed me by.

3. Khaled Hosseini - for A Thousand Splendid Suns. Perhaps the best book I have read. Not the nicest, but maybe the best. Whilst it is essentially a work of fiction I still found it very educational. before reading it I didn't really know anything about the history or trouble in Afghanistan. I finished it more grateful that ever for my own blessings and freedom.

4. Victoria Hislop - The Island. Again, leprosy was something I had heard of but didn't really understand. The thing that shocked me most was peoples attutude towards it even as recently as the second world war.

5. well, here I'm just going to list some of my other recent favourites...

The Shadow of the Wind - Carlos Ruiz Zafon
The Secret Life of Bees - Sue Monk Kidd
To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe - Fannie Flagg

ok, gotta go do some work. Back with another re-cap soon...

Oh! P.S! I tag the lovely Kayla, Betsy, Jenga, Loni and Michelle!

1 comments:

Betsy Sue 8 October 2008 at 23:49  

Rachel-I miss you, I love your blog!!I'm sorry you have a cold! We are doing good here.Take care

Visitors...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed