Watch me disappear! :)

Weight Loss Center - Your Online Diet Support Group

Saturday 31 May 2008

I am no 1391......



and today I 'Race for Life' for these two amazing women...

Hilda Platt and Alice Kennedy, My grandmas. Hilda was my Dad's mum. She died from cancer about 12 years before I was born. Alice was my mums mum. She suffered with cancer at the end of her life, in her 90s but thankfully died peacefully in her sleep at home just less than 2 months ago. If it were not for the sacrifices these women made, their quiet faith and devotion to those they loved I would not be here today. I love them both more than I can say. One of them I never got the chance to tell how much her life has meant to me, through the memories of those who knew her. The other, I never took the chance and it will remain one of my biggest regrets. Just 3 months ago I couldn't even run 1k but at 2pm today I will run 5k to honor them and hopefully raise some money for Cancer Research UK. If you are reading this and you can, please sponsor me. There is a link at the top on the right hand side of this blog and the sponsors page will be live until June 13th. According to Cancer Research UK together we can beat cancer. If there is a chance then we really should try.

0 comments:

Visitors...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed