Watch me disappear! :)

Weight Loss Center - Your Online Diet Support Group

Thursday 30 September 2010

on feeling...



About a day ago now, I stopped by Tara's blog. Tara is an amazing photographer and a pretty great writer too. And as I was reading I read this (and I've been thinking about it pretty much ever since)...

You really have to go through pain before you can move into a new phase, a new place in your head or heart. So often I am scared of that pain, afraid it will overwhelm me - ruin my life or my day. I hide from it, avoid it, make poor choices in order to stay numb to it. When I do that, the pain just takes hold. It moves in like a wasp's nest, constantly buzzing about my head. Something you know you have to deal with, but are afraid to because you don't want to get stung. I am learning more and more that accepting those feelings and letting myself feel them is the way I want to go.

When you give yourself permission to feel what you feel, it is giving yourself permission to be who you really are. There is a peace in that, and a sincerity that feeds you.

It is the best way that I know to take care of myself.

Ofcourse, I knew it, really. I just needed to hear it - or read it!

Thank you Tara

1 comments:

Em 3 October 2010 at 20:39  

Hope things are working out for you. Keep smiling Rachel xx

Visitors...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed