Watch me disappear! :)

Weight Loss Center - Your Online Diet Support Group

Thursday 24 July 2008

The great Walnut Whip mystery...

Seriously! Who ate all the walnut whips??? I decided I fancied one the other day. A little treat to make up for eating carrot sticks all the way to Southampton rather than the usual pringles and peanut m&ms. I looked everywhere! Non to be found. I even checked a petrol station we stopped at on the way home... nothing!

according to google (how sad am I ?????)....

Launched in 1910, Walnut Whip is Nestle Rowntree's oldest current brand. It was previously made by Duncan's of Edinburgh. Over 1 million walnuts are used every week in the manufacture of Walnut Whips at Halifax, West Yorkshire. Most of them are imported from China and India. The original Walnut Whip used to have a walnut placed inside the shell as well as on top. Almost one Walnut Whip is eaten every 2 seconds in the UK. Walnut Whip generated £8million of sales in 2003.

but I could find no mention of anyone else suffering a shortage. So own up! Who is it? Who is the hairy little scoffer who is eating 'almost one walnut whip every 2 seconds' and clearly leaving non for me???

well imagine my joy at the local petrol station this morning...

look what I found...



if this is making absolutely no sense to some people then let me explain. A walnut whip is...



with a walnut on top!

I was considering buying the lot! food storage don't you know ;o) but I bought just 2. one for me and one for Dave. I mention that fact so that I can't get away with it should I be tempted to scoff the second one too. It will get back to him somehow. (I'll be in enough trouble for scoffing one ;o)

and finally, here is a clip of my fave song from the kylie concert the other night. I found it on youtube. Please excuse the quality, such are the bootleg recordings on youtube but I can assure you that had there been a legit copy of this song anywhere I would have gone for that, and will, just as soon as there is ;o)



well thats it for now...

3 comments:

Loni 28 July 2008 at 08:42  

Hmmm, something else on my list to try. Sounds like you guys had fun for Dave's Birthday. What are you going to do for yours?

Kerrin and Dave 28 July 2008 at 17:05  

I think you might just be the master of the walnut whip! Excellent research:)

Unknown 28 July 2008 at 20:32  

Awww, now I want a walnut whip!!!! mmmmmmm!

Visitors...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed